Your contention that banning guns isn’t the left’s plan flies completely in the face of fact.
Proper policy discussion is of the following form:
- Make a case that (x) is a problem that needs to be fixed
- Propose a plan to fix (x).
- Show the plan has solvency.
- Show that the advantages of the plan outweigh the disadvantages.
- Defend the plan against alternate, better plans.
That’s literally how policy debates work. There are rules, and those are the rules. Gun policy is a complicated topic, and it took me seven articles to complete that task. In those articles, I peeled the left’s case apart, threw out most of it that didn’t relate to the actual numbers, showed specifically that the disadvantages of their case outweigh the advantages, rebuilt their case in a way that it could actually work, proposed a counterplan, and defended it. Then went on to explain why we can’t get to this counterplan in the modern clickbait media marketplace.